Event: Heart & Pace
Category (minute): Sub20 / Sub25 / Sub30 / Sub35 / Sub40 / Sub50 / Sub60
Challenge type: Complete 5km run in ONE push within the time given. Example: Sub40 runner must finish the race at 39:59 minutes or anything below that.
Pace Calculator: Click here
Timeline: Anytime within Jan 2019
Result submission cut-off: 07 Feb 2019
Venue: Anywhere you like (virtual series)
Medal measurement: 66.3mm x 85.6mm x 5mm
About the race
Pace is an external measure of how fast you are moving over the ground. Pace has nothing to do with what color clothing you are wearing or how many coffee or power gel you drank this morning. Heart rate is an internal biological measurement. While maximum heart rate is relatively stable, heart rate under a given set of conditions is highly variable. Hydration, weather, posture, nutrition, fatigue, stress, excitement, and body temperature can all affect heart rate. Therefore, pace and heart rate complement each other well. Comparing your external and internal performance gives you the whole picture. You can track how your fitness changes over time. Run at the same pace and watch your heart rate drop or hold your heart rate at the same level and see how much faster you are running than last month. You can begin to understand your body.
Your pace is based on factors like your current level of fitness. You can improve your running pace by participating in high-intensity interval training (HIIT) or speed workouts. Try performing them on a track near your home. Sign up for a local 5K race or virtual run event to stay motivated to improve your time. Remember, it’s important to build up speed gradually to stay injury-free. Never push yourself to the point of total exhaustion. Always check with your doctor before starting any new running workouts.
A GPS smartwatch is a device that accurately tracks pace, distance, and heart rate, and provides detailed analysis of your workouts for a complete picture of your fitness. The instant feedback of the device lets you know if you are keeping pace, while simultaneously monitoring your heart rate to let you know if you are pushing yourself too hard or not hard enough. Use the feedback from the device to train smarter. Make sure you are going at the right pace and in the right heart rate zone for your intended workout, and with the device's instant feedback, adjust your pace along the way instead of realizing you were off only after you're finished. As your training progresses, your fitness level will improve, and you will see that you are able to run faster and further while maintaining a lower heart rate.
To stay safe and healthy while running, follow these tips:
- Buy running-specific shoes that offer strong arch and ankle support. Swap out your running shoes every 800 - 1000km.
- Run in safe, well-lit areas. Look for popular trails, tracks, and parks where you can run near your home or office.
- Watch out for tripping hazards, like rocks, crevices, tree branches, and uneven surfaces.
- If you’re new to running, start out at a comfortable, slow pace that’s conversational. You can build up speed from there. You can also alternate between running and walking to start.
- Drink plenty of water while you run. If you’re going out for a longer run, look for running routes near you that have water fountains or somewhere you can leave a water bottle.
- Refuel with a snack or light meal within 45 to 60 minutes after your run.
How it work:
1. After payment made, you will receive an official email with E-Bib and receipt. (Please check your spam/junk mail)
2. Save your ebib to be used during your run.(optional)
3. Download running apps, snapshot treadmill screen or GPS running watch to track your run.
4. After complete, submit your run result to our website under "upload results" section before 07/02/2019. (see sample)
5. You will receive your race pack tracking number through email 2 weeks after event end date 14/02/2019.
6. Your finisher's medal will be shipped directly to you.
7. Any late submission after the said date would not be entertained. Hence, the entitlements are deemed to be forfeited.
8. "No completion, no finisher entitlement" policy. The race is based on honest system, Running Station will do periodic checks on the submissions. Account may be suspended if fraudulent results are found.
挑战時間：20分鐘 / 25分鐘 / 30分鐘 / 35分鐘 / 40分鐘 / 50分鐘 / 60分鐘 （例子：選擇40分鐘挑戰者必須在時限39分29秒或任何時限以下完成5公里賽程，以此類推）
纪念奖牌： 66.3毫米 x 85.6毫米 x 5毫米
1. 付款後，您將通過郵件收到電子號碼和收據。 （請檢查您的垃圾郵件箱）。
3. 完赛後，將跑步結果提交到我們的網站，点击 “上传成绩”。点击查看